Hasj & Weed:
General Information about hemp as a drug;
Hasj: resin from the hemp-plant ("cannabis sativa") pressed together in little cubes or slices, colour ranges from lightbrown to black.
Weed (marihuana): dried flowering tops of the female hemp-plant, looks like dried flower-tops or (when cut:) tea-like, colour ranges from grey-green to brown-green.
Hasj-oil:Concentrated extract from hasj or marhiuana.
Hemp is after alcohol and tobaccoe the most widely used drug. It is either smoked or eaten (external link). The active ingredient is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the higher the THC-level the stronger the effects. Hasj ususally contains more THC than weed, hasj-oil can contain up to 50% of THC.
Using a normal dose of hasj or weed could have the following
- dry mouth, read eyes, a slightly accelerrated heart-rate
- limbs feel heavy
- coordination seems difficult
- your present mood is intensified
- effects of a normal dose are also:
- carefree mood
- visual and auditive perception is intensified; music and surroundings get different (for the better).
- perception of time and space changes
- craving for (sweet) food
- having the giggles
- short-term memory is temporarily deminished
- fast-paced line of thought
- a higher dose results in:
- the above effects, but even stonger. Sometimes resulting in fear, or paranoia (bad trip). The only remedy is relaxation, a sweet drink, change of surroundings and (a) reassuring friend(s).
- Hasj and weed are NOT fysically addictive. In some cases (when hasj and weed are used heavily) they could lead to mental dependence though.
- heavily using hasj or weed could inhibit the psycological development in young people (using it just to forget problems, instead of solving them).
- smoking is always bad to your health
- smoking while pregnant is a bad idea
- there is the possibility of a bad trip, if too much is taken or if the set or setting are wrong.
- Driving while stoned is not a good idea.
- In many countries the use and posession of marihuana is illegal. Don't EVER cross a border while in posession of ANY drug (except alcohol and tobaccoe...).
- If you suffer from depressions, psychosis or anxiety, it's best not to use hemp.
The alt.hemp FAQ
Hemp- frequently asked questions, detailed information on ALL possible uses of hemp
- First: the hemp-faq's introduction
Part 1: What's all this fuss about hemp?
Part 2: So why aren't we using hemp, then?
Part 3: Does it? Doesn't it? Is it true that?
Part 4: Why is it still illegal?
Part 5: Sources by question number
Part 6: About the alt.hemp FAQ.
You can ge the latest version of the alt.hemp-faq at
hyperreal.com (outside link) and the newsgroup alt.hemp.
If you want to use drugs, read this first.
put your mind to it, and contribute to the mind's high
World Mind Web - [email protected]