State University Extension
Food Safely - 01600934
YOUR CANNED FOODS PASS THIS TEST?
* Good proportion of solid to liquid.
* Full pack with proper headspace.
* Liquid just covering solid.
* Free of air bubbles.
* Free of imperfections--stems, cores, seeds.
* Good seals.
* Practical pack that is done quickly and easily.
* Pieces uniform in size and shape.
* Characteristic, uniform color.
* Shape retained--not broken or mushy.
* Proper maturity.
* Clear and free from sediment.
information is for educational purposes only. References to commercial products
or trade names does not imply endorsement by MSU Extension or bias against
those not mentioned. This information becomes public property upon publication
and may be printed verbatim with credit to MSU Extension. Reprinting cannot
be used to endorse or advertise a commercial product or company. This file
was generated from data base 01 on 03/09/98. Data base 01 was last revised
on 10/13/97. For more information about this data base or its contents please
Please read our
important information about using our site.