32. Kalla waalqamari
32. Nay, verily: By the Moon,
33. Waallayli ith adbara
33. And by the Night as it retreateth,
34. Waalssubhi itha asfara
34. And by the Dawn as it shineth forth,-
35. Innaha la-ihda alkubari
35. This is but one of the mighty (portents),
36. Natheeran lilbashari
36. A warning to mankind,-
37. Liman shaa minkum an yataqaddama aw yataakhkhara
37. To any of you that chooses to press forward, or to follow behind;-
38. Kullu nafsin bima kasabat raheenatun
38. Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds.
39. Illa as-haba alyameeni
39. Except the Companions of the Right Hand.
40. Fee jannatin yatasaaloona
40. (They will be) in Gardens (of Delight): they will question each other,
41. AAani almujrimeena
41. And (ask) of the Sinners:
42. Ma salakakum fee saqara
42. "What led you into Hell Fire?"
43. Qaloo lam naku mina almusalleena
43. They will say: "We were not of those who prayed;
44. Walam naku nutAAimu almiskeena
44. "Nor were we of those who fed the indigent;
45. Wakunna nakhoodu maAAa alkha-ideena
45. "But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;
46. Wakunna nukaththibu biyawmi alddeeni
46. "And we used to deny the Day of Judgment,
47. Hatta atana alyaqeenu
47. "Until there came to us (the Hour) that is certain."
48. Fama tanfaAAuhum shafaAAatu alshshafiAAeena
48. Then will no intercession of (any) intercessors profit them.
49. Fama lahum AAani alttathkirati muAArideena
49. Then what is the matter with them that they turn away from admonition?-
50. Kaannahum humurun mustanfiratun
50. As if they were affrighted asses,
51. Farrat min qaswaratin
51. Fleeing from a lion!
52. Bal yureedu kullu imri-in minhum an yu/ta suhufan munashsharatan
52. Forsooth, each one of them wants to be given scrolls (of revelation) spread out!
53. Kalla bal la yakhafoona al-akhirata
53. By no means! But they fear not the Hereafter,
54. Kalla innahu tathkiratun
54. Nay, this surely is an admonition:
55. Faman shaa thakarahu
55. Let any who will, keep it in remembrance!
56. Wama yathkuroona illa an yashaa Allahu huwa ahlu alttaqwa waahlu almaghfirati
56. But none will keep it in remembrance except as Allah wills: He is the Lord of Righteousness, and the Lord of Forgiveness.