46. Man AAamila salihan falinafsihi waman asaa faAAalayha wama rabbuka bithallamin lilAAabeedi
46. Whoever works righteousness benefits his own soul; whoever works evil, it is against his own soul: nor is thy Lord ever unjust (in the least) to His Servants.
47. Ilayhi yuraddu AAilmu alssaAAati wama takhruju min thamaratin min akmamiha wama tahmilu min ontha wala tadaAAu illa biAAilmihi wayawma yunadeehim ayna shuraka-ee qaloo athannaka ma minna min shaheedin
47. To Him is referred the Knowledge of the Hour (of Judgment: He knows all): No date-fruit comes out of its sheath, nor does a female conceive (within her womb) nor bring forth the Day that ((Allah)) will propound to them the (question), "Where are the partners (ye attributed to Me?" They will say, "We do assure thee not one of us can bear witness!"
48. Wadalla AAanhum ma kanoo yadAAoona min qablu wathannoo ma lahum min maheesin
48. The (deities) they used to invoke aforetime will leave them in the lurch, and they will perceive that they have no way of escape.
49. La yas-amu al-insanu min duAAa-i alkhayri wa-in massahu alshsharru fayaoosun qanootun
49. Man does not weary of asking for good (things), but if ill touches him, he gives up all hope (and) is lost in despair.
50. Wala-in athaqnahu rahmatan minna min baAAdi darraa massat-hu layaqoolanna hatha lee wama athunnu alssaAAata qa-imatan wala-in rujiAAtu ila rabbee inna lee AAindahu lalhusna falanunabbi-anna allatheena kafaroo bima AAamiloo walanutheeqannahum min AAathabin ghaleethin
50. When we give him a taste of some Mercy from Ourselves, after some adversity has touched him, he is sure to say, "This is due to my (merit): I think not that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) be established; but if I am brought back to my Lord, I have (much) good (stored) in His sight!" But We will show the Unbelievers the truth of all that they did, and We shall give them the taste of a severe Penalty.
51. Wa-itha anAAamna AAala al-insani aAArada wanaa bijanibihi wa-itha massahu alshsharru fathoo duAAa-in AAareedin
51. When We bestow favours on man, he turns away, and gets himself remote on his side (instead of coming to Us); and when evil seizes him, (he comes) full of prolonged prayer!
52. Qul araaytum in kana min AAindi Allahi thumma kafartum bihi man adallu mimman huwa fee shiqaqin baAAeedin
52. Say: "See ye if the (Revelation) is (really) from Allah, and yet do ye reject it? Who is more astray than one who is in a schism far (from any purpose)?"
53. Sanureehim ayatina fee al-afaqi wafee anfusihim hatta yatabayyana lahum annahu alhaqqu awa lam yakfi birabbika annahu AAala kulli shay-in shaheedun
53. Soon will We show them our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?
54. Ala innahum fee miryatin min liqa-i rabbihim ala innahu bikulli shay-in muheetun
54. Ah indeed! Are they in doubt concerning the Meeting with their Lord? Ah indeed! It is He that doth encompass all things!