33. Waman ahsanu qawlan mimman daAAa ila Allahi waAAamila salihan waqala innanee mina almuslimeena
33. Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"?
34. Wala tastawee alhasanatu wala alssayyi-atu idfaAA biallatee hiya ahsanu fa-itha allathee baynaka wabaynahu AAadawatun kaannahu waliyyun hameemun
34. Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!
35. Wama yulaqqaha illa allatheena sabaroo wama yulaqqaha illa thoo haththin AAatheemin
35. And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint,- none but persons of the greatest good fortune.
36. Wa-imma yanzaghannaka mina alshshaytani nazghun faistaAAith biAllahi innahu huwa alssameeAAu alAAaleemu
36. And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made to thee by the Evil One, seek refuge in Allah. He is the One Who hears and knows all things.
37. Wamin ayatihi allaylu waalnnaharu waalshshamsu waalqamaru la tasjudoo lilshshamsi wala lilqamari waosjudoo lillahi alathee khalaqahunna in kuntum iyyahu taAAbudoona
37. Among His Sings are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Adore not the sun and the moon, but adore Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve.
38. Fa-ini istakbaroo faallatheena AAinda rabbika yusabbihoona lahu biallayli waalnnahari wahum la yas-amoona
38. But is the (Unbelievers) are arrogant, (no matter): for in the presence of thy Lord are those who celebrate His praises by night and by day. And they never flag (nor feel themselves above it).
39. Wamin ayatihi annaka tara al-arda khashiAAatan fa-itha anzalna AAalayha almaa ihtazzat warabat inna allathee ahyaha lamuhyee almawta innahu AAala kulli shay-in qadeerun
39. And among His Signs in this: thou seest the earth barren and desolate; but when We send down rain to it, it is stirred to life and yields increase. Truly, He Who gives life to the (dead) earth can surely give life to (men) who are dead. For He has power over all things.
40. Inna allatheena yulhidoona fee ayatina la yakhfawna AAalayna afaman yulqa fee alnnari khayrun amman ya/tee aminan yawma alqiyamati iAAmaloo ma shi/tum innahu bima taAAmaloona baseerun
40. Those who pervert the Truth in Our Signs are not hidden from Us. Which is better?- he that is cast into the Fire, or he that comes safe through, on the Day of Judgment? Do what ye will: verily He seeth (clearly) all that ye do.
41. Inna allatheena kafaroo bialththikri lamma jaahum wa-innahu lakitabun AAazeezun
41. Those who reject the Message when it comes to them (are not hidden from Us). And indeed it is a Book of exalted power.
42. La ya/teehi albatilu min bayni yadayhi wala min khalfihi tanzeelun min hakeemin hameedin
42. No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: It is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise.
43. Ma yuqalu laka illa ma qad qeela lilrrusuli min qablika inna rabbaka lathoo maghfiratin wathoo AAiqabin aleemin
43. Nothing is said to thee that was not said to the apostles before thee: that thy lord has at his Command (all) forgiveness as well as a most Grievous Penalty.
44. Walaw jaAAalnahu qur-anan aAAjamiyyan laqaloo lawla fussilat ayatuhu aaAAjamiyyun waAAarabiyyun qul huwa lillatheena amanoo hudan washifaon waallatheena la yu/minoona fee athanihim waqrun wahuwa AAalayhim AAaman ola-ika yunadawna min makanin baAAeedin
44. Had We sent this as a Qur'an (in the language) other than Arabic, they would have said: "Why are not its verses explained in detail? What! (a Book) not in Arabic and (a Messenger an Arab?" Say: "It is a Guide and a Healing to those who believe; and for those who believe not, there is a deafness in their ears, and it is blindness in their (eyes): They are (as it were) being called from a place far distant!"
45. Walaqad atayna moosa alkitaba faikhtulifa feehi walawla kalimatun sabaqat min rabbika laqudiya baynahum wa-innahum lafee shakkin minhu mureebin
45. We certainly gave Moses the Book aforetime: but disputes arose therein. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (their differences) would have been settled between them: but they remained in suspicious disquieting doubt thereon.