1. Ha Mim:
2. Tanzeelun mina alrrahmani alrraheemi
2. A Revelation from ((Allah)), Most Gracious, Most Merciful;-
3. Kitabun fussilat ayatuhu qur-anan AAarabiyyan liqawmin yaAAlamoona
3. A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail;- a Qur'an in Arabic, for people who understand;-
4. Basheeran wanatheeran faaAArada aktharuhum fahum la yasmaAAoona
4. Giving good news and admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not.
5. Waqaloo quloobuna fee akinnatin mimma tadAAoona ilayhi wafee athanina waqrun wamin baynina wabaynika hijabun faiAAmal innana AAamiloona
5. They say: "Our hearts are under veils, (concealed) from that to which thou dost invite us, and in our ears in a deafness, and between us and thee is a screen: so do thou (what thou wilt); for us, we shall do (what we will!)"
6. Qul innama ana basharun mithlukum yooha ilayya annama ilahukum ilahun wahidun faistaqeemoo ilayhi waistaghfiroohu wawaylun lilmushrikeena
6. Say thou: "I am but a man like you: It is revealed to me by Inspiration, that your Allah is one Allah. so stand true to Him, and ask for His Forgiveness." And woe to those who join gods with Allah,-
7. Allatheena la yu/toona alzzakata wahum bial-akhirati hum kafiroona
7. Those who practise not regular Charity, and who even deny the Hereafter.
8. Inna allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati lahum ajrun ghayru mamnoonin
8. For those who believe and work deeds of righteousness is a reward that will never fail.