Where can I get Supplys ?

Nan's Nook : Archives : Misc Teks : Simple Cubie Tek : Where can I get Supplys ?
  Subtopic Posts Updated Creator
Spunion went shopping.  30 02/21 07:59am Spun Yun Gi

By Kenny Keller (Kennieyk) on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 08:31 am:

I was looking for test tubes , petri dishes , and syringes. If anyone knows some good sites please let me know! I know some Mushroom sites have them but they seem kinda expensive. I found one here is the addy . http://www.daigger.com/control/catalog.department
let me know if you guys know of others !

By SYDYSTYK (Addict) on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 08:36 am:

uhhh i just use jars but ive heard edmund scientific has it all, dont know url

By Nan (Nanook) on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 08:40 am:


Syringe & Needle Suppliers



ELEMENTAL SCIENTIFIC LLC, PO BOX 571, APPLETON WI 54912-0571 for these supplies. They also carry glass desiccators, Drierite, alcohol lamps, inoculating loops, etc., useful in mushroom cultivation... Write and ask about non-catalog items.

For more specific suppliers look at the individual Tek, supplier are frequently mentioned: Pressure Cookers : Jars : Verm & Perlite : Grow Chambers : Spore printing Supplies : Liquid Culture : Look Around

Shroom Glossary

By relic (Relic) on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 09:34 am:

ebay is a good place to check as well. i got 12 new kimex glass petri's for $22 with shipping. i saw an awesome 4 shelf lab dessicator on there a while back, but i got in a bidding war and the price went beyond my reach

By Kenny Keller (Kennieyk) on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 03:21 am:

Opps I guess the site would help http://www.macnanbio.com/

By Nick Nick (Heytheresmoker) on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 06:54 pm:

so far i got 2 syringes of PF and Huawian(spelling),brown rice flour,and 2 rubbermaid bins that are 16"l x 10"w x 7"h..i cant find perlite or canning jars anywhere?? and i want to know how many cakes can i fit in each jar...thankx for the help

By Some Body (Texasshroomer) on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 06:58 pm:


Where do you live? I have found jars, perlite, aquariums all at Wal-mart. Many grocery stores carry jars, usually follow the signs to "canning supplies."

And each jar makes one cake. I don't understand your question about how many cakes fit in one jar.


By An guy (Boomer) on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 08:13 pm:

might have meant how many jars/cakes will fit in a tub?

By Nick Nick (Heytheresmoker) on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 03:51 am:

yea how many jars will fit in the rubbermaid bin..i live in New Jersey and i have went to 2 different wal-marts and nothing... and are these good strains i got??

By sleestak (Sleestak) on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 06:53 am:

I called everywhere and couldn't find jars anywhere, I guess because they are not in season. Then I went into the grocery store (Albertsons) and everything I needed and tons of it! And I've never met a cubie that I didn't like. All the cubensis strains are good in my opinion some just grow differently than others.

By Scotsman (Barrowland) on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

Depending on whether your using a pressure cooker or not plastic tupperware containers are more aviable than glass jars. I aint been in a shop here that knows what a fucking canning jar is and i asked in a few . You should get anything that will do the job now and try for jars later.....

By plinkerdink420 (Plinkerdink420) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 12:10 am:

you could always order them from somewhere online... i got my very first dozen jars from these guys peruvian journey

By Hatcher (Hatcher) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 12:49 am:

Man, a small store not far from here can order me all the wide-mouthed 1/2pt. Kerr's I ask for..maybe I should start boot-leggin' jars!!:)

By Spun Yun Gi (Spunion_Elf) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 06:08 pm:

You can even use drinking glasses if you're desparate. Check out Pf's site, I beleive he has a section in his jar preparation chapter about using drinking glasses instead of jars. It's not recommended, but it should get the job done. I'm thinking of using large shot glasses for quick colonization, and then break em up to make flat cakes.

By Brettiejams (Brettiejams) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 06:18 pm:

Very true.....

Check out Relics handiwork.... Relic art

By Nick Nick (Heytheresmoker) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 07:06 pm:

im going to use the PF tek for my first time..i just wanted to know do i need both perlit and Vermiculite or can i just get one??

By Ricky (Retardricky) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 07:11 pm:

You need both. Vermiculite goes in the substrate to retain water. Perlite goes on the bottom of your terrarium to make humidity for your mushies

By Brettiejams (Brettiejams) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Well, for PF tek you will definitely need verm.

If you are gonna hand mist for humidification like in the original PF Tek, you don't need any perlite.

You could also just pack the bottom of a rubbermaid tub with damp verm if you wanted for humidity, and set the cakes right on that, kinda like a big double-ended casing

For an example of using a verm layer instead of perlite layer for humidity, check These Photos

By Nan (Nanook) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 08:29 pm:

Nice Brettie

We also have sections here on Vermiculite & Perlite in the Archives

Check out the Simple Cubie Tek down there and follow the links

Good Luck!

By onediadem (Onediadem) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 09:57 pm:

Those were awsome pics in that link....WOW

Shroom Glossary